Job Opening: Administrative Assistant (full-time)
Tennessee Valley Art Association is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to work full-time Tuesday thru Saturday, 9AM – 5PM. This position will provide general administrative support to the executive director and assist TVAA staff, board members, association membership at large, and visitors to the Tennessee Valley Museum of Art and the historic Ritz Theatre. The Administrative Assistant will work on-site at the Tennessee Valley Museum of Art in Tuscumbia, AL.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for management of both internal and public calendars, meeting scheduling, membership management, office management, answering telephone and email, handling company mail, delivering messages, greeting visitors to the museum, and handling admissions and museum store sales. Strong organization, writing, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
TVAA is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide cultural and educational performing and visual arts experiences to diverse communities in Northwest Alabama to further expression in and appreciation of all the arts. TVAA aspires to be an organization whose inspiring visual & performing arts programming is an essential part of everyday life that heightens public understanding and appreciation of art as an expression of the human experience.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Summary: This position provides administrative support to the executive director and business office and serves as a liaison to the TVAA membership and Board of Directors. In addition to data entry, filing, and scheduling, performs duties such as coordination of meetings, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, answering telephone and email, delivering messages to appropriate TVAA staff, handling admission to the museum, and gift shop sales. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the association. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload.
• Maintain membership database, correspondence history, and communication initiatives
• Answer and direct telephone calls or messages
• Keep board meeting master calendar, assist in agenda/committee meeting creation and communication with board members – TVAA Board of Directors and TVAA Foundation for Endowment
• Warmly greet visitors to Tennessee Valley Museum of Art at the door and educate visitors on our membership options
• Handles sales of museum store merchandise
• Organize incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
• Take notes at staff meetings
• Craft well-written responses to inquiries or direct them to appropriate staff member
• Keeps inventory of office and janitorial supplies
• Serves as a host at VIP events
• May occasionally be asked to docent for large groups or field trips
• Assist core staff on special projects and fundraising events
• May be asked to run off-site errands from time to time
• Keeps policies and procedures accessible
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle private and sensitive information in legal and confidential manner
• Familiarity with Microsoft EXCEL and Google Drive
• High school diploma or GED
• Bachelors preferred, not required
• Experience in customer service, office management required
Starting Rate: $13/hour
Position is eligible for health benefits after 90 days.
Closing Date: April 1, 2022
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.