We will be accepting submissions for our annual member show, ArtWorks, from July 10-July 15! Entry is FREE for all members of the Tennessee Valley Art Association. We will also have a special display area for our junior artists (artists 16 and under)!
Here’s how you enter:
1. Be a member of the Tennessee Valley Art Association. Not a member yet? It’s not too late! Membership starts a $5 a month/$60 a year, and grants you entry into ArtWorks, free museum entry all year, discounts on concessions at The Ritz, and more. Join here https://tennesseevalleyarts.org/membership
2. Complete an entry form for each piece (up to two): Entry form is available here. The form can be filled out in advance and brought in with the artwork. If you are unable to print from home, you can fill out a form at drop-off.
3. Deliver your submission(s) to the Tennessee Valley Museum of Art (511 N Water Street, Tuscumbia, AL 35674) during the following times: July 10-14 from 9 am-5 pm or July 15 from 10 am and 5 pm. If you choose to ship your artwork, it must arrive by 5 pm on July 15, and it must include a prepaid return shipping tag.
The exhibition will be on display July 22-August 12. There will be a member reception on Saturday, July 22, from 1-3 pm.
Guidelines for submissions:
• All materials and methods are acceptable as long as works are original
• Artists may enter up to 2 pieces completed within the last five years
• Works must not have been exhibited at the TVMA or within a 50-mile radius
• Two-dimension work must be no larger than 70”x70”; multiples must fit within this spatial limit
•Works should be gallery ready. Two-dimensional works must be matted and/or framed with a standard hanging device or braided picture wire. Unframed canvases should be gallery wrapped or framed (no staples showing around edge).
•All works must be accompanied by an attached completed entry form.
• If you wish to make your work available for sale, you will set your price on the form. TVAA takes a 25% commission on all works sold; TVAA assumes all credit card fees & collects sales tax. If your artwork is not for sale, simply mark “NFS” on your form.
• A popular vote will decide three People’s Choice awards
July 10-15: Drop off works
July 22, 1-3 pm: Opening reception
July 22-August 12: Exhibition Dates
August 13-15: Pick up works