ArtWorks Submissions (Member Show)
July 5 - July 9
We will be accepting submissions for our annual member show, ArtWorks, from July 5-July 9! Entry is FREE for all members of the Tennessee Valley Art Association.
Here’s how you enter:
1. Be a member of the Tennessee Valley Art Association. Not a member yet? It’s not too late! Membership starts a $25, and grants you entry into ArtWorks, as well as free museum entry all year and discounts on workshops. Join here: https://tennessee-valley-art-association.square.site
2. Complete an entry form for each piece (up to two): Entry form is available here. The form can be brought in with the artwork, or can be emailed in advance tot email@example.com. Include “ArtWorks” in the subject line. (If you are unable to do either, you can fill out the forms at drop-off.)
3. Deliver your submission(s) to the Tennessee Valley Museum of Art (511 N Water Street, Tuscumbia, AL 35674) during the following times: July 5-8 from 9 am-5 pm or July 9 from 10 am and 5 pm. If you choose to ship your artwork, it must arrive by 5 pm on July 9, and it must include a prepaid return shipping tag.
The exhibition will be on display July 24-August 13. There will be a member reception on Sunday, July 24, from 1-3 pm.
Guidelines for submissions:
• All materials and methods are acceptable as long as works are original
• Artists may enter up to 2 pieces completed within the last three years
• Works must not have been exhibited at the TVMA or within a 50-mile radius
• No larger than 70”x70”; multiples must fit within this spatial limit
• Works must be exhibition ready including proper hanging wire, cleat or bracket
•All works must be accompanied by an attached completed entry form
• 25% commission on all works sold; TVAA assumes all credit card fees & collects sales tax
• A popular vote will decide four $25 People’s Choice awards