Darshan: Visions of India
Education Packets for Teachers
From March 19 through April 30, 2022, the Tennessee Valley Art Association will be hosting a series called Darshan: Visions of India. The series will explore the history and cultures of India and the diversity of experiences of Indians and Indian Americans. It will include a festival, art exhibitions, performances, and discussions, held at the Tennessee Valley Museum of Art and the Ritz Theatre.
As part of this project, we are offering these Visual Arts Education Packets for Grades 6-8.
Each packet focuses on a technique or motif of traditional Indian art and includes background, an art activity, and vocabulary.
Click below to download PDFs of different education packets to lead your students through an exploration of Ancient Indian Art.
Submit your students’ artwork to be displayed at the
Tennessee Valley Museum of Art!
After your 6-8 grade class completes one or more of the art projects in the education packets above, your class’s art can be display at the TVMA from March 19-April 30. Artwork must be received no later than February 25.
1. Have your students create artwork based on the animal motifs, Indian Miniatures, or Rangoli activites in the education packets above.
2. Students: Put your name, teacher’s name, grade, and school on the back of your artwork.
3. Teachers: Create a list of the students, their art works, grade, and school to submit with the art pieces.
4. Artwork can be dropped off Tuesday-Friday 9am-5pm and Saturdays 10am-5pm. Email email@example.com for more information, any questions, or coordinating delivery. All art pieces must be received by Friday, February 25th by 5:00pm.
5. Attend Darshan: Visions of India at the Tennessee Valley Museum of Art between March 19 and April 30 to see the student artwork, plus artwork from Indian Americans from across the country! Each participating student and teacher will receive a one-day free pass to see their work at the museum!